Designing Energy Efficiency
At Archificio we know that sustainability is the big issue, and that in order to achieve truly sustainable buildings, we must work on every single aspect of each project with this in mind.
Our combined experience in building design and energy efficiency enables us to provide integrated design solutions that satisfy the design brief whilst drastically reducing the high energy costs often involved in running buildings.
We are constantly developing our expertise through research and courses, and our experience in this field is confirmed by the conferences we have held on this subject.
- Research and analysis of construction methods and system technologies that guarantee high energy performance in new buildings (zero emission)
- Development of building designs based on green, sustainable concepts (management of sunlight and air, materials, salubrity and comfort of working and living spaces)
- Definition of energy performance objectives (energy class)
- Simulation of solar gains and shading
- Detailed drawing of building envelope components, U-value calculations
- Definition of building systems including renewable energy sources
- Simulation during the design phase of the energy performance and energy class of the building